- Kathy Escobedo: MWRF 8:00a-11:30a, 1:30p-5:00p; and Tuesdays 8:00a-3:30p
- Diego Garcia: MWF 8:00a-11:30p; TR 1:30p-5:00p
How do I declare Pre-Political Science?
- Students admitted as Freshmen may switch into the pre major as long as there is a feasible plan to complete the degree in a timely fashion
- Students admitted as Transfers to another major may only declare the Pre-Political Science major if they’ve fulfilled the following requirements
- Completion of at least three preparatory courses by the spring before transfer
- A 3.7 minimum GPA in all UC transferable courses that will be used for the major including lower and upper division courses
- A 3.7 minimum GPA in UC transferable courses
- Completion of all remaining preparatory requirements with a UC GPA of at least 3.3
How do I switch from Pre-Political Science to the Political Science major?
- Qualification: Completion of the 5 pre-requisite courses or enrolled in the last pre-requisite course/s
○ 4 introductory courses and Statistics course
- Declaring: Google Doc, in person meeting, email
○ In person meeting: meet with Kathy or Diego
○ My澳彩网 Message Center – Declaring 重大的: Political Science
How do I declare a concentration?
- Concentration can be declared through google doc or in person with Kathy or Diego
- The concentration can be updated or switched from the initial concentration declared
- The 6 concentrations are the following: 1. Political Theory 2. International Relations 3. American Politics 4. Comparative Politics 5. Methods and Models 6. Race, Ethnicity and Politics
How do I enroll in Upper Division Political Science courses?
- Only students who have completed the prep courses and have been updated to Political Science will have the ability to enroll into Upper Division Political Science classes during their first enrollment pass
○ Restrictions to upper division classes are lifted during students second enrollment pass and any student can enroll into an UD Political Science course–this includes Pre-Political Science students
How can I double 重大的 with Political Science?
○ First: must be eligible to be admitted to major–see qualifications in declaring Pre-Political Science
○ Second: Completion of all Lower Division Classes and 2 upper division classes for both majors
○ Third: Pick up double major petition forms from your college counseling units (学院 Academic Counseling, Academic Advancement Program, Honors, Athletics)
How can I get major course credit for courses outside of the department?
- Up to 16 units of course credit earned outside the 澳彩网 department of Political Science will be accepted for the major ~ 4 courses
- Upper division classes taken through a different department (ex. Public Policy) can be petitioned to count as a Political Science course.
○ Petition form found in Kathy or Diego’s office
- UCEAP Study Abroad: Upper Division Political Science courses taken in a different institution through EAP will be accepted to the major
- UC Center Sacramento participants enroll through UC Davis for 10 units of graded credit and 5 units of pass/no pass credit. Two 4 unit graded courses apply to the political science major
- CAPPP (Center for American Politics and Public Policy), 澳彩网’s quarter in Washington D.C. program, requires an 8 unit course equivalent to two courses towards the major. The credit for the internship is mandatory pass/no pass. CAPPP is offered through the political science department and is considered in residence.
- Internships: you can enroll in Political Science 195CE through the Center for Community Learning in A265 Murphy Hall
○ Pol Sci 195CE will count as an Upper Division Elective for the major
How do I access my Degree Audit Report?
- Login to My澳彩网 and click the 学者 tab at the top of the page, then select Degree Progress/ Audit Report.
○ Run audit with current program or run audit with a model program
How do I check my enrollment appointment times?
- Login to My澳彩网 and click the Classes tab at the top of the page, select enrollment appointments link underneath the plan and enroll menu
重大的 course articulation from Community 学院s to 澳彩网
- ASSIST.org – has all California community colleges and major course articulation for 澳彩网
○ Select agreements by major NOT by department on ASSIST